Why is Personal Branding Important ?
Has it occurred to you that from the moment you wake up and reach for that inseparable partner i.e.: your mobile phone to check either the social media updates / office emails instead of saying a gratitude prayer 😊 – Right from that moment you are actually a browser of personal brand of either products or people or anything of your interest! And what makes you stay a little longer on a post or subject than the others – a lot of that emanates from the personal branding effort from the other end.
I have always enjoyed referring statistics just to understand where the trends are going. So, whether you are an entrepreneur or a corporate professional, if you simply google for statistics on importance of personal branding – you will find huge eye-opening facts and figures on the subject. I am presenting here a few of those statistics just to bring a point home that personal branding is the key to success in today’s digital era. Think of personal branding as an executive level strategy for paving your paths to achieving your goals.
A few statistics on Importance of personal Branding by ceohangout.com:
- Companies that invested in personal branding initiatives of their employees found that employees were 27% more hopeful about their company, 20% more likely to stay, and 40% more likely to believe in the competitiveness of their employer.
- 95% of recruiters think that the job market is going to get more competitive, and job seekers that stand out are likely to benefit.
- 90% of recruiters said they conducted online research on potential candidates.
- 78% of recruiters say they find their best quality candidates through referrals. (Source)
- 80% of jobs that are available are hidden, and are not advertised to the public eye (Source: Carleton University).
Natalie Ellis, the founder of bossbabe said recently that “personal branding gives you security and stability, no matter what’s going on in the world.”
Quoting from this article here are a few more pointers on Importance of personal Branding:
- Security: Personal branding gives you security because you are able to effectively communicate your value. And in the event that you find yourself looking for a job, your personal brand, or your reputation opens doors for you.
- The power of being online: Online is the ONLY place recruiters and employers can find you and connect with you about opportunities. Being invisible online will hold you back from opportunities now more than ever! Having a personal brand means that people will find you online more easily and they’ll be impressed by what they see.
- Your network is your lifeline: The hidden job market is real and if you’re not networking you don’t have access to it! A personal brand allows you to network effectively and with confidence. You know your value and your goals, and so does your network.
I believe in keeping things simple – and I hope the above post helps you in understanding that personal branding is no more a want but a necessity and more so now given the COVID times. So get creative and look forward to my next post on “How to build your Personal Brand #3”
As always here are your take away resources – happy exploring: